Sunday, September 13, 2009

Time for a Kotaku response!
The article I read, which you can find here. This article was a top 5. The humorous part is that it was a top 5 of 10 ten lists. The first "top ten" list was, coincidentally, not a top ten, but a top 8. This list was more humorous than anything else, as it counted down the top hottest 8-but girls.

The next counted down the ten (I assume recent games) that didn't live up to the hype. They started off with Heavenly Sword for the PS3, which I very much disagree with as I happened to love that game (more so than god of war), but oh well. Some of the other games I agreed with, others I hadn't even hear of (which must mean that they must have not been toooooo hyped). Their last game on the list was RE5. I agree that the game was in fact over hyped, as I don't believe it was able to best how amazing a game RE4 was. However, it was hardly a failure and I don't think it really even deserved to be on this list, let alone in the number one spot.

Following that list was one of the top 10 problems with mmo's. As I am not an mmo player, I didn't have much basis to judge their. Although I will say that mmo's have never, and probably will never get elves right in my opinion. The number one portrayal of elves is reserved for Record of Lodoss War in my humble opinion. But over all I think that I agree with their list, on what little basis I have to judge.

Their next list may be the most amusing, a countdown of the best video game quotes, although I don't think a count down is really the best format do it in. In fact, this probably deserves it own article. Some of the best lines make it in the list, as they should. "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this." "Thank you mario! But the Princess is in another castle!" "Hey! Listen!" "Ypu have died of dysentery." "The cake is a lie" "It's super effective!" "Do a barrel roll!" And my personal favorite and absolute classic "All your base are belong to us."

The last list on the list is very timely, as the tenth anniversary of the Dreamcast just passed, a list of the top ten dreamcast games still worth playing. I played Sonic Adventure, which even with it awful voice acting and terrible story is still a joy to play, as well as Soul Caliber, which might still be my favorite fighting game. Some of my other personal favorites made it on the the list as well, such as Dead or Alive 2, Jet Grind Radio, and Crazy Taxi.

Over all it was an enjoyable read and I thank Kotaku for posting such a fun list of top ten's.

No comments:

Post a Comment